Getting the Best Golf Rangefinder to Add to Your Golf Arsenal.
So you have decided that you need the best golf rangefinder to add to your golf equipment. Congratulations! You are now on your way to becoming a better and more experienced golfer.
You see, although a lot of golf players would rather spend extra money on new iron or driver sets, buying the best rangefinders might actually be a better decision. By merely adding a reliable golf rangefinder, you can improve your game-play significantly.
Have a look at some of the Best Rated Golf Rangefinders on Amazon:
That’s actually not surprising given the functions of a golf rangefinder. A golf rangefinder has been designed to help you measure distances to your targets precisely and accurately. The simple act of knowing how to use this and incorporating it in your game-play will undoubtedly improve your game strategies.
Think about it, if you know the distance your ball needs to cover to get to the target, you can decide how hard you will swing and in which direction to hit it! If you don’t want to be left behind by other players, this simple device can harness your playing skills and help you keep up (or even surpass!) with other players.
Okay, I know reading golf rangefinder reviews can be tedious at times and might actually make things harder to find the best rangefinder. This is why I simplified things for you. This article should be your one-stop-shop in knowing what to buy and how to buy to get the most out of your hard-earned cash.
If you are ready for a monumental change in your playing skills, read on:
Top 3 Best Rangefinder for Golf Game Play:
Whether you are looking for the best rangefinder or the best rangefinder camera, there is one out there for you. Narrow down your brand and model options with these 3 best-sellers.
I understand how difficult it is to read all of the golf rangefinder reviews out there. I’m pretty certain you have better things to do than sit around and check one product after another.
Help is here though because I found three rangefinders that deserve to be included in your to-buy list:
Bushnell Tour V4 JOLT Golf Laser Rangefinder is easily the most popular rangefinder to date. It’s a “catch”, if you will, because of its impressive features. It even has a “manly” and utilitarian physical appearance with its silver and black color and vertical design. If aesthetic is a big deal to you, this rangefinder is a must-have!
Now on to the nitty-gritty of this popular rangefinder.
- Impressive one hand vertical feature. Great if you want one of your hands-free to do something else. This feature also makes it easier to lug around.
- It has Pin Seeker Technology. This is what sets it apart from the others. This technology activates the Jolt Vibration system when the trigger for Pin Seeker is pushed, letting you get accurate distance from your starting point to the target. Other golf rangefinders might have issues as they include background measurements as well.
- No prism needed. This gadget alone gives you up to 1,000 yards measuring capacity.
- Acceptable in tournaments. Remember when I mentioned some rangefinders are not legal in some tournaments? Well, this one is.
- Designed to last a long time. It has rainproof materials so you can lug it around rain or shine.
- Easy to read. Got poor eyesight? Switch to this. You’ll find this easier to read than your smartphone.
- Has a SCAN mode. It scans the whole play area, gauging distances from different holes.
One of the best out there. Get this if you want value for your money. Think of this as an investment. You’ll be investing in your career as a golf player. You’d do well to choose the best for yourself.
TecTecTec VPRO500 Golf Rangefinder is very similar in design with the Other Models of TecTecTec but it comes in striking black color. And although the TecTecTec models are some of the most popular today in the market, this VPRO500 Golf Rangefinder is fighting tooth and nail to get to the top. Best of all, it delivers!
- Cheaper than Bushnell and Other Brand of Rangefinders. It should be a wonderful alternative if you are looking on cutting back cost.
- It also comes with PinSensor Technology. This allows you to find your target without worrying that it will measure inaccurately because of background objects.
- It has been equipped with First Target Priority mode feature. This is a great feature to have if you are playing in golf courses with lots of trees in the background.
- Super clear images. You can easily read the measurements even if you have bad eyesight, thanks to its 6x monocular technology.
- Can be used even if it’s raining. It’s waterproof!. You can use it under the rain for no more than 10 minutes.
TecTecTec VPRO500 Golf Rangefinder is an alternative to Bushnell Rangefinders, you might want to get your hands on if the price for Bushnell is too high for you. You’d love this as a starter rangefinder.
- 2019 UPGRADED LASER RANGEFINDER; Our VPRO500 Laser Rangefinder is a premium product, measuring up to 540 yards with continuous scan mode, advanced Pinsensor technology, and a durable, water resistant body.
- NEW PINSENSOR TECHNOLOGY; provides fast measurement with 1 yard accuracy, together with Pinsensor technology to accurately measure overlapping subjects, perfect for measuring golf flags, hazards and wooded areas (Yards or Meters)
- THROUGH THE LENS DISPLAY; premium, ultra clear, multilayered optics with easy read, through the lens display with distance and battery meter, and continuous measurement mode for fast, convenient measurements
The Callaway 300 Pro Golf Laser Rangefinder may be towards the cheaper end of the other Brand of range finders, but that is not to imply it is short on the functions and features found in Other Brand of rangefinders.
The raison d’etre of any rangefinder obviously is the capability to easily determine the distance to the pin, hence ensuring you select the appropriate club for that shot.
And that is precisely what this rangefinder does, simply and efficiently.
Being accurate at up to 1000 yards and having a choice of displaying in yards or meters.
Really lightweight to carry, and fast to operate so there’s no interference with your game.
The Callaway 300 Pro Golf Laser Rangefinder utilizes an infrared pulse to precisely gauge the distance to the pin, and brings up the details in just seconds. No guessing, no fuss, just an improved game.
- Accurate to within 1 yard at the full range.
- Range of up to 1000 yards.
- Displays in either yards or meters.
- Magnification factor of 6x.
If you want to avoid splashing out too much cash, yet need all the features of a good golf rangefinder then the Callaway 300 Pro Golf Laser Rangefinder would be a great selection.
Easier on the pocket than a lot of rangefinders, yet with most of the major features of even high-end models.
Most importantly, it will definitely provide you with the exact data to pick the best club and take your golf game up a notch.
- Slope feature measures angle of incline/decline and automatically calculates slope adjusted distance
- 6x magnification; range 5-1000 yards with +/- 1 yard accuracy
- Pin acquisition technology (P.A.T.) quickly locks onto the pin from up to 300 yards away
Best Rangefinder Types to Choose From:
This is the part where it gets really tiring and tedious. There are so many brands to choose from but which one really fits your needs?
If there’s one thing you should know, it’s that not all that worked for others will work for you. Of course, it is still necessary for you to find out what you really need.
What would fit your requirements? What exactly are you looking for? It really boils down to personal preferences.
This is the best time to decide what those are. But before you can do that, you need to know what rangefinder types are available for you first. These are your choices:
1. GPS Rangefinder: This has been touted as the best rangefinder countless times in the past by many golf players because of one reason: it is easier to use. Its GPS system uses distance points to map out the course and accurately measure the distance from one hole to another.
You will definitely find this a great choice if you don’t want to be bothered with technical details or you are not that technical of a person. However, some of these GPS rangefinders come with a subscription. You might have to subscribe monthly to get the GPS service up and running.
2. Laser Rangefinder: Get this if you do not want a mapped out way of measuring distance when playing. You don’t need a subscription. However, it will rely on your ability to use it. If you are not that skilled in using laser technology to measure distance, this isn’t for you. It is highly recommended for seasoned players though as it measures distance accurately.
Why Do You need to Have the Best Golf Rangefinder?
Do you really need to update your golf arsenal and include the best rangefinder camera? If you have experienced successfully hitting a ball and pocketing it in a target and felt this indescribable thrill coursing through your veins, then yes, you are ready for the best rangefinders and take your golf skills to the next level.
Have you ever missed a shot in front of other more experienced players and felt like leaving because of lack of confidence? If you are tired of always being the loser of the game and you want to ante up your competitive streak without resorting to hours and hours of golf practice, then yes, buying the best golf rangefinder can help you a great deal and can save you a lot of time and money.
Whether or not you are a professional golf player, the best golf rangefinder has a place in your playing arsenal. It will not only improve your skills but also confidence as a player. Trust me, you’ll enjoy the game much better with the best golf rangefinder in tow.
- You just can’t be bothered with manually estimating the distance of hills and slopes. Unless you are a super genius estimator or you aced your physics exams in school all the time, you will naturally find measuring distances boring and challenging. It takes the fun out of your game. I mean, who wants to revisit their school years and do manual measurements of distance, right? Yes, in most golf rangefinder reviews you will read, they buy this golf device because they need help in doing the math.
- You need help in making decisions. To hit hard or not to hit hard? That is the question. Not knowing the distance your golf ball will traverse will put you in an endless Shakespearean debate. If you know just exactly how far the distance is, you can decide on what to do better. More often than not, these decisions can play a large role in the result of the game.
- You want to play quicker. It’s so normal for players without the best golf rangefinder in their arsenal to second-guess themselves, thereby taking up a lot of time before making the swing. If you can cut to the chase and avoid the agonizing process of deliberating the distance, wouldn’t you want to do it?
- You are a serious golf player. The thing is, a good golf rangefinder can benefit anyone – from fledgling golf players to professional ones. If you are really a serious golf player and you want to turn this into a serious hobby or sports activity, you need all the help you can get. The best golf rangefinder can give that to you.
- You lack confidence. It’s easy to feel small and inadequate when you are surrounded by more experienced golf players. There’s nothing more disheartening than being the sore loser in the group. Improve your confidence. Give those more experienced players a run for their money and get yourself a shiny, new rangefinder.
- You want to improve your game. A rangefinder helps calculate distance accurately and precisely. That data alone can give you an idea of how hard you will have to swing and in what direction. In the long run, this crucial information can improve your game.
If these reasons aren’t enough to make you want the best golf rangefinder for yourself, I don’t know what will.
Things to Consider When Buying the Best Golf Rangefinder:
Like what I mentioned earlier, there’s a cornucopia of best rangefinders out there. You won’t be able to find the best rangefinder camera just by browsing one review after another. In fact, that will surely take up a lot of your time and will confuse you even more.
What you should do is reflect on the essential things you need. Take your time and identify your weak points when you are playing. Try these pointers to make your work easier:
1. Decide which between a GPS rangefinder and Laser rangefinder is better for you:
Laser rangefinders have been around longer than the new GPS ones. But because of the accuracy of GPS rangefinders, they are becoming more and more popular in the market, with golf enthusiasts switching to the more modern GPS ones and leaving their laser rangefinders behind.
A GPS rangefinder is actually a great choice, especially for newbie golf players who can’t rely on their measuring skills that are usually required for laser rangefinders.
Depending on the GPS rangefinder you are using, it does not only help you measure the distance of slopes and hills but also give you suggestions on the best type of club or drivers to use, where to swing and how to aim.
It’s not only a tool to measure distance, but it’s also a tool that can coach you in improving your skills and introduce you to tricks you haven’t tried before.
On the other hand, GPS rangefinders rely on satellite maps. If the golf course you are playing at hasn’t been mapped out, you won’t be able to use it.
2. Know the features you really need in the best golf rangefinder:
You will find many best rangefinders equipped with some of the most modern features such as the ability to determine the direction, measure speed of the wind and take into account the slopes and hurdles ahead. It’s a great device to use if you are playing amateur games. However, some of these gadgets might be prohibited in professional games.
3. Your budget:
Sure you want the most sophisticated model that every golf rangefinder reviews recommend but does it fit your budget? Are you willing to shell out over $400 for this nifty device?
If you are using GPS rangefinders, the cost might even increase as some come with monthly subscriptions. Consider how much you want to pay for it first and think about long-term cost. If you don’t mind paying subscription services (as they definitely help in improving game strategies), go ahead and buy GPS golf rangefinders.
Make sure you are not breaking the bank though. Pay only for what you need. Rangefinders that cost anywhere between $150 to $300 are already a value for your money!
4. Make sure what you are buying is durable:
You’ll be lugging that rangefinder around – in rocky hills and terrains, under different weather conditions. You don’t want that sophisticated device to break down while you are using it, do you?
Check the product for durable features. Make sure it is also water-proof as you will be dealing with moist grounds and threat of rain all the time.
5. Read the real experiences of people from golf rangefinder reviews:
Nothing still beats learning about what other golf players have experienced while using the product. Did they find the features useful? Is the device really durable? What were their problems while they were using it?
6. Check out those made by trusted companies:
While I do not want to single out one particular company that creates golf rangefinders, there are companies that specialize in creating this golf device. Bushnell, for instance, already has a cult following, because of their golf rangefinders. They specialize in making them so they really know what they’re doing.
Do you know why else you should buy from trusted brands? The warranty. Yes, it should come with a warranty. If the device breaks down, your purchase is secured.
Who Should Use the Best Golf Rangefinder?
Hobbyists. Do you like an occasional play of golf with your friends on a Sunday to kill time and let out some of your stress? Add this to your golf arsenal and you won’t regret it. It will make your play more exciting and you might even end up impressing your friends!
Amateur players. Like what I mentioned earlier, there are some limitations to using rangefinders in competitions. However, you can still use the best golf rangefinder during practice. Think of it as a real-life coach. You might be able to pick up lots of strategies when fighting wind or improving your swing while using the device.
Professional players. It is not surprising to find many professional players using the best rangefinders even if they are not allowed to use some of these models in competitions. That’s because they can use this when training and familiarizing themselves with a new golf playing area.
Now that you know all these, it’s time to make a decision. Whatever you pick, make sure it is packed with features you can use for the whole duration of your golfing career. Don’t spend too much on a sophisticated model with features you might not really use a lot.
Don’t hesitate to ask more about the product from the sellers. It’s better to know everything about the best golf rangefinder now that you are still considering buying it than have to deal with lousy customer service later on.
Make sure your purchase is also backed by a warranty. It can’t hurt to be a little more cautious so you can get the most out of your money!
Now you’re really ready to buy the best golf rangefinder. Happy choosing!